Rene from Sydney's brilliant Gimp for HP install solution

Hi Michael - I understand what you are saying but it only worked for me when I did it this way - I tried the surgery on the original version that I downloaded but couldnt get it to work.  Maybe there was something corrupt with that version.....the second download seemed to work better.  But if you can get it to work without all the "superfluos" steps then cool.  Having said that - I still am grateful to Rene for answering my question and providing a detailed solution when it was asked....

--
NoviceGimper (via gimpusers.com)