On 22.01.2012 13:23, NoviceGimper wrote:
This post is for HP users who are struggling to get GIMP to install correctly. All credit for this goes to Rene from Sydney (on this forum) who gave me step-by-step instructions on how to to get the installation problems sorted out for HP computers. (Eternal thanks to you!!!!)I am reposting the instructions here for other HP users who are having the same installation problems - maybe we could have these instructions in the FAQ of the GIMP website. I dont know about anyone else but just renaming the file didnt work for me - however this worked like a magic trick. Again - this solution must be credited to Rene. Here Goes: 1. Deinstall GIMP 2.6 (If you tried to install and got the entry point error)
2. Open computer/C-drive/Windows/System 32 and search for intl.dll 3. Rename the intl.dll file to intl.bak 4. Close the "System32" window
These are the steps that get GIMP plug-ins running in this scenario.
5. Download and install GIMP 2.6 - when it has installed you might get the same entry point error message again - exit through all the entry point windows until it launches the "incomplete" programme (this means when the programme can open a blank canvas, but cant do much else because of all the missing .exe.
Why download and install GIMP again?
6. Close GIMP
That should be step 0.
7. Open computer/Local Disk C/Program Files (or whereever your pc saves your programmes to) 8. Search for GIMP-2.0 and open. Open bin. Search for intl.dll and copy the file 9. Paste the "intl.dll" file into GIMP-2.0/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins and close window.
You won't need steps 2-4 and 10-11 then.But you'll have the same problem again if GIMP ships with a newer version of libintl.
10. Go back into computer/local Disk C/Windows/System 32 and search for intl.bak 11. select and rename intl.bak into intl.dll.
12. Ask HP when they will fix that from their side. Regards, Michael _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list gimp-user-list@xxxxxxxxx http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
[Gimp Announce] [Gimp Images] [GIMP Development] [Video For Linux] [Photo] [Yosemite News] [Yosemite Photos] [gtk] [KDE] [Scanner] [Gimp's Home] [Gimp Docs] [Gimp on Windows] [Steve's Art] [Webcams] [Share Your Images] [Free Online Dating] [Photo Site] [Script Fu] [GIMP Software] [GIMP Books]