Startup problems

Hello

Thanks for your help.  I was not able to access the net sooner so I am sorry for the late reply.  I guess then what I need to do is (- please may you correct me if I have misunderstood your advice)

1.  deinstall Gimp and all its components
2.  open Windows system 32 file - find intl.dll - and then rename it to intl.bak
3.  download and reinstall Gimp
4.  Upon reattempt at installation of Gimp in theory, it should then not recognise or confuse System32's intl.dll (now called intl.bak) with its own thus installing itself correctly with all its extensions
5.  reopen Windows32 system folder and rename intl.bak to the original intl.dll

Hope I have it right?  I can see how it should work if it is confusing HP's System32 intl.dll with it's own.

One more question if you would oblige - do I have to do this -every time that I start up Gimp or just this once when installing it?

Thanks so much for you time again.

Candice