Re: gimp startup failure

Hi Evan,

obviously it's not GIMP that caused the trouble, but windows. When
creating a new user account worked but not setting up the GIMP-directory
anew there got somethng wrong in the guts of windows.
GIMP doesn't store user data at another place.
I don't know where windows stores all configuration information for user
directories.
I would recommend you to migrate all user-data to the new directory or
to an exchange folder and to work on the new account. If you got some
time you can try to debug the old account.

As a hint, search for files which were altered shortly before or after
you killed GIMP in the task manager.

Thank you for the gold star. ;)

Hope you are lucky

Bernd