Re: gimp startup failure

Hi Bernd,

Gimp originally hung up when I accidentally tried to save a VERY large file. After waiting a few minutes I used the Task Manager to end the Gimp process. i tried restarting Gimp immediately and the startup error occurred exactly as it has ever since. I don;t think I loaded any other software between shutting down and restarting.

I tried sweeping the registry using Glary Utilities between one of my re-installation efforts. Though it found a few hundred registry errors including many gimp-related keys, my subsequent re-installation met the same ignominious fate.

Thanks,

Evan