Re: OT: Gimp name-picking (Was: Need help repairing image)

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 12:32 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Patrick -> Patricius -> patrician ->Honourable Man
> Dotan -> A biblical valley near my home
> Gimp - > A flat trimming of silk; A physically disabled person; A
> sexual fetishist who likes to be dominated and who dresses in a
> leather or rubber body suit with mask, zips, and chains
>
> Names are more than a collection of sounds, they have meanings and
> derivatives. Furthermore, they evoke past experience. When I hear the
> sounds "pa trik" I think of a volunteer I once met who had a way with
> women and once broke a toilet. The name has funny and playful
> connotations for me. Likewise, when I hear the sound "gi mp" I am
> reminded of this:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2-I31Imis

It's been only, what, a mere month since the last discussion on the
meaning of "GIMP"? Yeah, it's about time we all were reminded of Pulp
Fiction. Why did it take you so long?

So we'll do another BDSM flavoured splash screen to keep you
entertained, shall we? And this time let's go for something really
disturbing :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org