I understand (now, better) that Gimp caches a lot of startup info the first time it starts, or whenever things change - I thought of that mainly for fonts - but I guess it does it for plug-ins as well. So, as I was testing with half my plug-ins, it started fairly slow, then a restart with the same set was quite fast. So I tried the OTHER half - and that was, again, fairly slow the first time, then quite fast the second. Tried it again with all the plug-ins - same result: slow, then fast on a restart. And fast again this morning.
But it does seem like these tests were NEVER as slow as when I tested a few days ago. So, I insist on blaming a corrupt cache, that got cleaned up in some of my testing! :-)
Anyway - thanks again - now I can start learning Gimp. Dan _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list gimp-user-list@xxxxxxxxx http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
[Gimp Announce] [Gimp Images] [GIMP Development] [Video For Linux] [Photo] [Yosemite News] [Yosemite Photos] [gtk] [KDE] [Scanner] [Gimp's Home] [Gimp Docs] [Gimp on Windows] [Steve's Art] [Webcams] [Share Your Images] [Free Online Dating] [Photo Site] [Script Fu] [GIMP Software] [GIMP Books]