slow startup from too many plug-ins installed
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: gimp-user-list@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: slow startup from too many plug-ins installed
- From: Dan Kronstadt <subs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 16:37:33 -0800
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
Hello, all. I'm new to Gimp - running on Windows. I think I took the
defaults on installation. My problem is slow startup - and I think the
problem is the 170 modules I have in the plug-ins directory. I moved
them all somewhere else, and Gimp started up really fast - but I could
not, for example, even open a jpg image. I think the only option was a
native Gimp file.
So - any suggestions on getting a more reasonable number of plug-ins?
What's a good startup set? Or - is 170 normal, and I have some other
problem that is making startup of these modules so slow?
gimp-user-list mailing list
[Video For Linux]
[Gimp on Windows]
[Share Your Images]
[Free Online Dating]