Before I make a feature request....

Friends,

When I use the "save as" file option, in the "Save Image" dialog box,
the leftmost pane, under "Places" shows at the top, a section containing
"Recently used", then the directories and hardware information, then at
the bottom, if they exist, any bookmarks.

Now as it happens, I have a fairly complex file structure, and I make
extensive use of bookmarks, but my machine has a device which reads
multiple forms of media most of which I have no use for, so the "Places"
pane has en extensive list of devices I never use.

What I'd like to do is to propose a reordering of this pane to the
developers, so that either defined bookmarks would appear higher on the
list, or that media readers would only show on the list if they hold media.

But before I make the request on the developer's list, I thought I'd
first query this group to see whether anyone else would find it useful,
or alternatively, whether the request has been made, and there are sound
reasons why it cannot be implemented.

ns