Re: How to make 1 image out of 2?

On 02/17/2011 01:12 PM, mikepainter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear experts,
>
> How can I make 1 image out of 2 images?
>
> I have made
> - 1 image with a black line on white background saved as xcf
> - 1 image with a black letter "A" on white background saved as xcf
> Both images are rectangulars.
> I scaled the height of both images to the same value.
>
> Output should be 1 image
> - with white background
> - one rectangular consisting of the old 2 rectangulars
> - area is the sum of the area of the 2 old rectangulars
> - on left side the "line" image
> - on right side the "A" image
> - new image can be saved as xcf
>
> Please give me the answer in a simply consecutive row of commands like:
>
> GIMP>  file>  open file: image with line>  right click on image>  image>  scale image>  ...
> GIMP>  file>  open file: image with letter>  ...

In one of the images (preferably the one on the left):
- change the canvas size (Image/Canvas size) of one image to the size
necesary to hold the final image (unlink the dimensions in the dialog)
- file/open as layer the other image
- move that new layer to its final place (the align tool is your friend)
- move the original layer to its final place if not already there
- merge layers or flatten image if needed