Re: Moving images from point a to b animated

On 02/20/2010 10:04 AM, Olivier Lecarme wrote:
> Burnie West<west@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> AFAICS, GAP move path tool doesn't handle the train scaling, perspective
>> shifts, rotations, foreground occlusions, and the 3-D/2-D aspects.
>> All that would have to be managed by hand on a frame-by-frame basis,
>> would it not?
>> These leaves the frame compositing and the tracking, which are really
>> the easiest to tackle (at least at my level of expertise).
>>
> No, the Move Path tool offers exactly what is needed: you define the
> path along which the train moves, and you define the transformations on
> it: zooming in or out, rotating, perspective, fading, and so on.
>
> There are several short tutorials about this tool. In the GIMP book I'm
> preparing, there will be a full chapter about it.

That's terrific, Oliver. I searched through Akkana Peck's wonderful book
Beginning Gimp and with that source I've done a very few animations for
fun. But she didn't mention GAP - probably wasn't available at the time
she was writing.
I'm looking forward to yours.