Re: Tip of the day

Hi Sven,

On 28 Nov 09 20:59 Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> said:

> The Tips of the Day can only be read from the Help menu currently.
> There is no way to make it appear on startup.

That, indeed is the complaint, along with:

# There's no way to stop it appearing on start up (Having turned it
on).

# There's no close button, so that once open you need to use a title
bar button.

Put together, I'd say that completely breaks all the conventions for
how a "Tip of the Day" should behave, not to mention, a user interface
convention.

No idea why that had to happen, but it's almost at the stage where I
say it might have been better to take it out all together, or just
placed all the tips, on a single conventional help page.

However, I'm sure you've had the same thoughts yourself, and
hopefully, with the next release, it will be back to the way it was
before.

Greg