Re: Font scaling looks choppy

On Sunday 01 November 2009 09:30:17 pm vr wrote:

> I'm working with scratchy looking fonts trying to give them something to
> stand out.
>
> I create a transparent canvas about 348x67 then pick a font, select white
> for the color, and set the font at around 34. Then using the scale tool I
> stretch the text to fill more of the canvas space. Then I right click the
> text layer and "alpha to selection". Then I select -> grow selection by 3.
> Then I use the bucket tool to fill the 3 pixel region with black.
>
> My end result is a choppy unpleasant looking white logo with a black
> border.

i'm not sure where your text gets choppy; i followed the instructions you
outlined, and got a decent looking outlined text. of course, before using
the bucket filler, i inserted a new layer underneath the text layer.

yesterday i came across an article that describes how to produce nice
looking glossy text; perhaps you find that useful:
<http://www.linuxforu.com/teach-me/learn-image-manipulation-and-create-a-
glassy-wallpaper-on-gimp/>

--
phani.