Workflow in Gimp

Thanks for both of these helpful replies.  Rolf, I have already downloaded
episode 69, will have to work through it again, as, although it deals with
layers, I did not connect that session with the question which I posted
above.

Saulgoode, I'll also have to try your suggestion step by step - it looks very
promising.

Thanks again to each of you.

Caruso

--