Re: Gimp Manual format.

On 06/18/2009 10:40 AM, Michaela Baulderstone wrote:
> I agree! A PDF version would be fantastic!!!!
> Anyone interested in the job?

I know nothing of the workflow that results in the current HTML manual
format.  It would seem to me that producing one or more other formats
should come out of that same workflow.  I cannot imagine the labor would
be justified to do a one-time-only current-state PDF version that would
be almost instantly out of date.  That probably means that the authoring
 workflow and environment needs to be considered.  This type of
documentation is one of the prime beneficiaries of single-source,
multiple-output authoring tools.  I have not kept up on the current
state of those tools and I am especially not aware of their status and
capabilities in the open-source arena.  However, I do know that there
are a variety of approaches, each with their strengths and weaknesses.

Jay