Re: Modify text on a jpg file with gimp 2.6.4

powah (wong_powah@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> The jpg file is exported from a visio file embedded in a ms word document.
> Instead of using the jpg file format, what else should I use to keep the text
> information?

Unfortunately I don't see a way for you to keep the text information
here. You probably have to just use visio to edit the text until it
shows the text you want, and then import it into the GIMP and apply
whatever graphical effects you wanted to add.

Keep in mind that GIMP is a pixel based program and not a diagram
editor.

> What about gif file?

Won't help. Basically our own XCF format is the only format that can
store GIMPs text layer information in an editable manner and there are
no other programs writing such files, especially not from microsoft...
:-)

Bye,
        Simon

--