Re: Moving and Resizing an existing Path

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:09 AM, DJ <delphitech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an XCF file with saved Paths. I want to move the Paths.
>
> I see on the Move Dialog an option, Path. But, it's a little difficult
> determining what I'm moving. Is there a way to make the actual Path
> visible while moving? I do see the rectangular box, when I click.

Why don't you make the actual path visible in the paths dialog, the
same way you would make a layer visible?
Though I admit, GIMP should probably make any item we are transforming
temporarily visible.

> Also, is there a way to resize a saved Path? I did "Path to Selection"
> again, and I was looking for resize handles, like when using the
> Rectangle Selection Tool.  I'd rather resized the Path, rather than
> the Selection, but at the moment I can't do either. :-)

Use the Scale tool; all the transform tools have the same options
regarding what they effect.

David