Re: bizarre behavior of tracing tools with GIMP 2.3

Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 23:15 +0930, David Gowers wrote:
>
> > The drawing color changed (and I think the way GDK implements the
> > draw, which matters because GIMP increased the version of GTK they
> > require (GTK includes GDK)) between 2.2 and 2.3
>
> Yes, the color changed. No, there was no relevant change in GDK and you
> can easily verify that by running 2.2 and 2.3 against the same version
> of GTK+.
>
> Have a look at gimprc manual page. It explains how to work around the
> bug in the graphics card driver.

I'm probably stupid, but I did not find anything related to the graphics
card driver in the gimprc man page. Except maybe putting off the option
show-brush-outline?

By the way, Michel Daenzer from the xorg-driver-ati list suggested me to
try the driver from the experimental Debian depot (with no result), and
to put the Option "AccelMethod" "EXA" in my xorg.conf file. The second
suggestion suppresses the xor error problem, but the Wacom tablet mouse
no longer traces at all, at least visibly: nothing appears in the
window, but Gimp considers it to be modified. The PS/2 mouse still works
normally, as well as the Wacom stylus and eraser.

Does this strange behavior suggests you something?

--

			Olivier Lecarme