GIMP: perspective cloning

I cannot get grasp of the tool. All I know it is a great thing to extend objects already distorted by perspective.

Once I click on the tool I get four points marked by squares in each corner of my drawing surface and linked by thin lines. I can freely move the lines around. But what has to be done to perform the distortion itself?

Should the drawn object be selected? How should be set the cloning direction? A couple of screenshots would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Gene

[Index of Archives]     [Video For Linux]     [Photo]     [Yosemite News]     [gtk]     [GIMP for Windows]     [KDE]     [Scanner]     [GEGL]     [Gimp's Home]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]