HELP!!!!!

I've tried to read the written tutorials, and I am totally LOST.
I have original comic book art I'm trying to finish on my computer. My trusty canon/Arc Soft photo studio program, died, and I don't have access to it. My daughter suggested I tried Gimp 2. I'm running the program on my Acer notebook computer on Win Vista home basic. I'm trying to find two tools I use often in creating my comic book. 1.) is an oval tool, where I can create an often used dialog bubble. 2.) I'm looking for a rectangle tool so I can put a black border around my individual panels. The only other thing I need is the tool to create the words. But I think I have that figured out. Can anyone give me  step by step instructions? I'm nearing my deadline and I really could use the help. Please email me or respond back to this posting. Thanks, Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Video For Linux]     [Photo]     [Yosemite News]     [gtk]     [GIMP for Windows]     [KDE]     [Scanner]     [GEGL]     [Gimp's Home]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]