RE: New To Gimp

This is a little off the topic of this thread, but a while back I asked a questions about my X11 and never rec'd an answer, is there a different group I need to address this issue with?

Darlene

To: gimpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: mlist8@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:11:42 -0800
Subject: Re:  New To Gimp

            a jpeg does not have text.

it may have pixels which look like text. :-)

A jpeg also does not have layers.

Personally i would save any work in progress or current project as an xcf the gimp format.

When ready to have a copy for display or ourside of gimp then save it as xcf, then also as a jpeg, png, or whatever you need.

xcf understands layers, text-layers, and much more.

--- dale

-----

On Saturday 10 January 2009 at about 14:59,