From: willbritt2001 <willbritt2001@xxxxxxxxx>
To: gimpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:23:45 PM
Subject:  New to Gimp, Cut/Clone question

 Hello everyone, this is Bill. I am just an average home WinXP PC user, I've never done anything with photos outside of Microsoft Paint. I have been hunting for a simple program to do more with home family photos and found the Gimp website but have not downloaded it yet.
What I am trying to do, to see if Gimp can do, is cut out unwanted parts of photos then blend in the background. I have studied some pages at http://docs. gimp.org/ en/ , specifically 1.5. Removing Unwanted Objects from an Image  , Lasso and Magic Wand tools, but I am not yet clear on selecting the borders of the cutout. Can Magic Wand automatically select an area of contrast to remove? I think I can figure out filling in the background afterwards.
I will now try to upload an example section of a photo called 'beaveredit' and ask, for instance, can the 'hand' be removed?
I have also been looking at the Adobe Photoshop Elements but that is such a HUGE program and too expensive for what little editing I want to do.
Thanks

[Home]     [Video For Linux]     [Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Yosemite Book Store]     [gtk]     [GIMP for Windows]     [KDE]     [Scanner]     [Memory]     [GEGL]     [Gimp's Home]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]

Add to Google Powered by Linux