- To: gimp-docs-list@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: GIMP manual Finnish translation?
- From: Tomi Toivio <tomi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:12:43 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=o1r665VJSbVSdbhorD96PkTqlXimN90kXtlzAws0SUI=; b=u9fv0SvPO6OfaTYA91he+29lNUXlF++8jeUKjWazgixAHF9MkKljtkxirfgthWG9h/ dOSFe1wok9s7kXmHbBwiY91AEOUqNad8XSt/V/sb3Y9kON9ffHJ/Tsa2M0UglAZD3LQt hFKdcrd7y/dZZxkin2tegg1Km9rBVN5H9hiaN+jl41aINsM1Ndh9eCNiHVOSJdtZsclb 3K1CSoEBU0BXF5iwPkyja5B4NDYR9GScQBz2N/we0b0Gr2ElM25ztX7aj1wONafTz/JR b90qt94pYn73+aegz9qq2k181xSdBSLa2Q19V89w2cYX3HFviQvGVu6kt32sOd14aQR9 M4mw==
There is no up-to-date manual available for GIMP in Finnish. We have been thinking that we should write one in Finnish FLOSS Manuals for a long time.
However, the official manual of GIMP has not been translated into Finnish. Translating the existing manual would take a higher priority than writing a new one.
So the best way to get a
Finnish GIMP manual would be to translate the first two parts of the official manual into Finnish. I don't know if we would be able to translate part three.
So we could translate the first two parts of the manual in the format that is currently used. And then fork it to the Finnish FLOSS Manuals for further editing.
Basically the Finnish FLOSS Manuals version would become a derivative work or a fork of the official manual.
What do you think about this? Would it be all right to do this? And what is the proper procedure for translating the manual?
Also, do you know if there have been earlier attempts to translate the manual into Finnish?
Open Source Coordinator
gimp-docs-list mailing list
[Video For Linux]
[Yosemite Book Store]
[GIMP for Windows]
[Gimp on Windows]