Re: GIMB Automation

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:55 AM, ram <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i m trying to do image convertion through GIMP. we got excellent result while converting EPS files to GIF. We tried the same through Visual Basic in order to automate the process. Unfortunately we are unable to import the GIMP dll in Visula Basic.
>
> Is it possible to do so and activate GIMP through VB?

Visual basic is not a supported language for GIMP extensions - i fyou
want to automate the process, you have to write your script in either
Python or scheme (tiny-fu).

That happens because GIMP is not a windows only application which
exports its functions through windows DOM - it is rather a
multiplatform application, that can work equally well across several
Operating Systems.

Also- the quetion is of-topic here - the gimp-users mailing-list (and
its equivaletn webforum gateway, wathever that is) should be used for
this. The gimp-docs list is for questions related to the gimp-help
system and its development.

  js
 -><-