Re: some docs fixes

Dne 19.12.2010 15:26, Julien Hardelin napsal(a):
>> i have 10 patches in my local git repo now fixing various problems, and
>> now even in the proper format. i just did not want to spam bugzilla more.
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> I'll take care of your patches in Bugzilla.
>
> In magnify_to_zoom.patch, there are changes in po of different
> languages. Usually, patches are only for source xml files.
>
> I am not sure translators will agree foreign changes in their work.
>
> I'll apply only changes in source xml files.
cool, thanks. i have more patches on my disk, and planning to make a
patch for other stuff too, like the capitalization of titles (and
uncapitalization of image labels), tagging ui objects etc ... just need
to know what is supposed to be the right style for the docs as it is not
obvious to me yet.

also, i agree with you that the fixes should probably be done only in
src dir, the translation teams will get them once they update their po
files as it affects also msgid items. i have no idea how much it will
break their work as the msgid values will be new and will not match what
comes from the main xml files. from this point of view patching also
msgid lines would be better, but it's a question whether some inner po
logic will not be broken by that.

up to that, the changes are just in english language, so it affects
either the untranslated texts or the msgid lines, not their translations.
> Your new look at GIMP Help is precious.
>
> All the best,
>
> Julien
miroslav