Re: images

julien (Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009, 09:43):
> But check-images-fr lists as broken /common/ images that exist, for
> instance:
> BROKEN: images/common/dialogs-icon-delete.png IN
> src/dialogs/channel-dialog.xml

No, 'make' will copy the image files in "common/" to your images
directory "xml/fr/images", so the fileref attribute should read
	<imagedata fileref="images/dialogs-icon-delete.png" .../>

It's just like we used to handle icons like next.png or tip.png. In
fact, the images I moved to 'common/' were just these icons and some
background images used by stylesheets, e.g. splash image and draft
background (try "grep images/ stylsheets/*").

So for a fileref you always have to remove the second directory level
(images/{C,common,fr}/path/to/image.png --> images/path/to/image.png).

If a file like "dialogs-icon-delete.png" is referred to only in the
dialogs source files, IMHO it's better to leave it in the C/dialogs
directory.
But we should consider renaming it to "delete-icon.png" or "delete.png",
or even creating an icons subdir "images/C/dialogs/icons".

BTW, is it true that the callout icons are no longer used? Shouldn't we
move them to docs/ or to src/images?

> and lists /C/ orphaned images. Only fr orphaned images should be
> listed IMO.

No, that was intended. There may be orphaned images in 'images/C' and
localized versions (also orphaned. of course) in 'images/fr', so you
are invited to fix (rename, remove, or what ever) both.

The validating script checks src/ and images/C + images/fr, but you can
call it with different options and check whether or not the output is
more useful:

	tools/validate_references.py --verbose --broken --orphaned \
	--imgdir=xml/fr/images [ --xmldir=xml/fr ]

Bye,
Ulf