Omitted languages

1. In the file appendix/bibliography.po (and others) there are some
paragraphs common to all languages, i.e. without lang tags. If I want
them in my language, do I have to add ("use the original text") them to
my language when writing po files?
2. Some  paras are in other languages but not in English. These paras
are omitted in the pot and po files. Example: <biblioentry lang="de;fr"
id="bibliography-books-neumann"> do not show up in German or French (and
of course neither in English). Do we have to add such entries manually?
This is perhaps a minor problem compared with others you are working on,
but will it be fixed in the future?
(I am using Cygwin and I have at the moment found no way to make html
from my po files. Seems that I have to wait until someone add the
necessary packages. Until then the questions above are only rhetoric to
me ).

Kolbjoern Stuestoel