Re: the need of localized screenshots?

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 09:15:23PM +0100, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:
> Nickolay V. Shmyrev (Donnerstag, 6. November 2008, 00:19):
> > xml2po puts md5 sum for each image mentioned in xml document so
> > translator just knows that something is changed.

> This has nothing to do with xml2po supporting localized images. The
> image references will just be the same in "C/doc.xm" and "de/doc.xml".
>
> So if we want to keep on providing localized images - and IMO we
> should -, we can
>
> (b) change the directory structure so that images references alway point
>     to the right image; this will have to work with HTML, PDF, and ODF,
>     though.
IMHO the best thing would be to go for (b). The images should be
localized as everyone would like to have.

Therefore, we should leave the images in place where they are
and move them after the migration to their place. Though, that would
mean that we have to rewrite the paths to the images.

Cheers,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de