Re: What's the most annoying thing?

Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Samstag, 1. März 2008, 18:55):
> Axel Wernicke wrote:
> > 2008/2/29, julien <jm.hard@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jm.hard@xxxxxxxxxx>>:
> >     The problem is not for writing new files nor translating. It is
> > in updating.
> >     In some files, the xml structure has to be changed, but we must
> >     keep the
> >     old version for non-updated languages. This results in two
> > parallel versions.
> >     It's not impossible to manage , but it's a real headhache.
> >     And what will happen with the next version? A shambles.
> >

> > I absolutely have to agree here. At some point we have to throw out
> > dead languages. There simply is no way around this with the current
> > technology.
> >
> > lexA
>
> Some thoughts from a novice:
> If this is (will be) a great problem, is it possible to have two
> separate versions?

We could create a subversion branch and then use "trunk" for 2.6
and "branches/gimp-help-2-4" for 2.4, similar to "gimp/trunk"
and "gimp/branches/gimp-2-4".

We would then have to commit most of our changes twice, and I'm not sure
if this would solve or create problems, though.

Ulf