Re: documentation of the clipping options

Hi,

Am 05.02.2008 um 08:18 schrieb Sven Neumann:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 23:22 +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately I don't get what "crop to result" and "crop with
>> aspect"
>> actually do. Can somebody explain that to me on the list please?
>
> The general idea is described here:
>
> http://svenfoo.geekheim.de/index.php/2006-12-26/transform-and-crop/

Thanks for the link. I think I now understand what this option is
supposed to do. Assuming there is an one layer image, rotated by 45°
with clipping set to "with adjust", there will be a layer with some
transparent edges.

Now lets set clipping to "Crop to result" and rotate the layer with
- -45°. What I would expect ist, that the in the result the layer/image
would be cropped to the original size - meaning that the transparent
border will be removed.

What happens instead is, that the layer size is reduced to 1x1 pixel!
(GIMP 2.4.4 at Mac OS X)

Anything I could have done wrong here?

lexA

> Please let me know if you need more information.
>

> Sven

- ---
Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something
doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving
and it shouldn't.
So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?