RE: [ogfs-users]Multiple filesystems idea

Congratulations, and thanks for the report .... it's good to know that
works (with OpenDLM, IIRC?).

> ... It's harder when I mount my 2 filesystems :-(

With OpenDLM, the lock module may run into trouble with 2 or more
filesystems ... there's some code we need to fix about that.

BTW, sorry we don't have a HOWTO for multiple filesystems ... it seems
that several folks are interested right now.

What happens when you mount the second filesytem?  Error message?  Hang?
Crash?

> Well, what if I enforce a lockdevice ? From mount or via the ogfs_tool
> option ? I kept a 1 cylinder partition on both filesystem...

I'm not *sure* what you mean here, but I'll comment anyway ;-)

With OpenDLM or memexp, each filesystem must have its own unique
locktable name (for memexp, this name is actually the path to the cidev
for the filesystem).  Normally, the filesystem keeps this name in the
superblock.  This entry can be written:

1)  When creating the filesystem, using the -t option with mkfs.ogfs

2)  By ogfs_tool.  See man page, look for "table"

> Other idea: I may have an OpenGFS managed partition on the HA cluster
> (so without any SPOF), this cluster managing a memexp daemon for the
> other partitions accessed by the CPU farm...

This has some potential ... I remember this idea being talked about, but
nobody ever tried it.  But, see below ...

> Do you have any other idea ?

RedHat just open-sourced the Sistina GFS, with associated DLM and
cluster management tools.  It would be great if you could give that a
try!

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/gfs/

-- Ben --