Re: [ogfs-users]opengfs + opendlm question

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 15:30, Brian Jackson wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 11:29 am, Arnaud Gauthier wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I couldn't find info about my current problem, so I am posting here.
> >
> > I have created an opendlm + opengfs 3 nodes cluster, and I am planning
> > to add more nodes later. Everything works fine with the first 2 nodes.
>
> Unless something changed with opendlm and I missed it, opendlm still uses the
> older heartbeat membership code (i.e. pre-ccm), so it only supports 2 nodes.
> Of course I have been pretty busy lately, and could have missed changes.
>
> --Brian Jackson

Brian,

I think you are a little behind on that one.

Per HOWTO_Build,_Install,_and_Configure_OpenDLM (Jun 16 00:13) CCM is
now supported:

*Heartbeat* has been the cluster manager of choice for a few years.
Just
recently, *CCM* has been added to the linux-ha project.  CCM is more
than Heartbeat, and uses a consensus/voting algorithm to maintain
current
membership status.

OpenDLM accesses CCM via the SA Forum Membership interface, exposed by
CCM.
Since this is a standard interface, OpenDLM should actually be able to
work
with any implementation of the SAF membership interface (but we haven't
tried any except CCM).
<<

I'm afraid Ben or Stanley will have to help with the original question.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer