RE: [ogfs-dev]RE: [Opendlm-devel] ODLM/OGFS Recovery

> > I think this is handled during ODLM's lock recovery process, which
> > invalidates LVBs that might have been altered by a dead node.  See
> > clmr_clean() and clmr_lkvlb().
>
> Yes, ODLM will invalidate LVBs that might have been altered
> by a dead node. But my concern is :
>
> If there is only one PW or EX lock request in the wait queue
> of this resource, we won't get DLM_VALNOTVALID (even the LVB
> of this resouce is
> invalid) when the queued request is granted.
>
> It means that we might miss some locks held by dead node.
> Please read:
> rc_barrier6->wake_all_locks->convert_locks->grant_convert->valueblock
>
> Any comments?

By the time it gets to valueblock, the resource has already been invalidated such that the only code path it would take in valueblock() is the very last _else_ statement (assuming the first node with the granting lock will also be the master) which returns DLM_VALNOTVALID.

Do you see it differently?

Best Regards,
Don