Re: [ogfs-users]DLM and Opengfs problem

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 02:06, CybeRHiDe wrote:
> I have been trying to get opendlm to work with opengfs.  I have 2 nodes,
> both running redhat es 3.0 connected via fiber channel (qlogic qla2200f/66
> cards) to a storcase raid array.
I've met some OpenDLM issues on RH EL3. After fighting with them for
several days, I gave up and changed to RH AS2.1. And everything got to
be OK.
I investigated this issues later and found some hints. It seems the root
cause is the pthread library. DO NOT use "NPTL"! Using the old pthread
library should be OK.

> I am using the latest opengfs cvs and opendlm cvs.  I am also using
> heartbeat 1.0.4.  I did have issues compiling heartbeat (complaining it
> couldn't find libhbclient, even though it was in /usr/local/lib.  Ended up
> modifying configure to bypass that check).
Add "/usr/local/lib" to "/etc/ld.so.conf" and do "ldconfig"

> After I've started the dlmdu's on both machines, they both continually state
> in RC_INIT_WAIT, and cat'n files in /proc/haDLM sometimes causes a seg
> fault.  Any mount that I attempted hangs, and sometimes freezes the
> machines.
Please make sure OpenDLM is running properly first. There are some
simple test cases in OpenDLM's source tree.
Another thing: DO CHANGE "MAXLCOKVAL" to 32.

> Can anyone out there help me on this?
It seems that I'm the only one who mount OpenGFS with OpenDLM
successfully :( I'm now helping Ben to use OpenDLM with OpenGFS, he is
blocked by a weird OpenDLM issue (block_ast didn't be delivered) in the
last step in mount operation.

> Oh yeah, I've triple checked dlm.conf, ha.cf, the cluster config.
Maybe you could send them to me, and I can verify them for you.

Hope that helps,
Stan

> -Chris

Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent Intel
Corporation
"gpg --recv-keys --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net E1390A7F"
{E1390A7F:3AD1 1B0C 2019 E183 0CFF  55E8 369A 8B75 E139 0A7F}