Re: [ogfs-dev]LVB bug fixed and webcast this afternoon.

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 01:23, Brian Jackson wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2003 06:30 pm, Stanley Wang wrote:
> > Hi, Folks
> > I've fixed the LVB synchronizing bug in opendlm pulgin and checked in
> > this patch. If you have time, pleae have a try:)
> >
> > Brian, I went through the Howto for using OpenDLM in Opengfs once more
> > time in my test procedure. And I'm now pretty sure that I don't forget
> > something to tell in the HOWTO. It should work.
>
> I went through it, and I think everything is there. A few things though:
>
> When you enable opendlm building in opengfs, it looks for a dlm.h header. The
> only place I can find that is in the opendlm src/include/ dir. We may want to
> consider having a copy in our tree, that is assuming something didn't go
> wrong on my end and that wasn't supposed to be installed to the system
> include dir.
The default LVB size in OpenDLM is 16 bytes, it is not enough for OpenGFS. We must
change it to 32 bytes(change macro "MAXLOCKVAL" in dlm.h). If we have two copy of
dlm.h, I'm afraid that sometime we may forget to update them all. It will cause the
system crash directly.

> When I get to the mount step, mount just hangs forever. I've got all the
> proper modules loaded. Mount doesn't give me any errors. I'm working on
> finding out what's going on, but it's going pretty slow.
Tips:
You must be sure that OpenDLM + LinuxHA works properly. You could use
the simple test case in OpenDLM(opendlm/src/user/test/simpleclient).
It looks that your OpenDLM didn't work in your case :)

> I was getting a divide by zero oops from the locks_init function in
> src/kernel/dlmdk/dlm_kernel.c (line 178). I don't know if anybody else was
> seeing this. I've just hacked around for the time being. If nobody else has
> seen this, I'll look into why it's only happening to me.
It's a bug in OpenDLM, I will fix it soon. The developer of OpenDLM just think
about all SMP user :) I suppose OpenDLM is not tested in a UP box.
(Using "./configure --enable-smp ......" to avoid this bug, even in UP
box)

> > BTW, anybody has interests in the following webcast?
>
> I think I'm going to attend, unless something else comes up.
>

> > Storage Hardware and Software Technology in a Linux environment
> > Date: Thursday, December 18, 2003
> > Time: 2:00PM EST (GMT -5)
> > Speakers: Tom Coughlan - Principal Software Engineer
> >
> > http://www.redhat.com/solutions/info/webcasts/#1218
How about it? My lazy clock didn't tell me I should get up last night :(
Hence I missed it.

If you met any probelm when using opendlm lock module, just mail me :)

Best Regards,
Stan