RE: [ogfs-users]Newbie Question: Can I use multiple disks as one shared storage using iSCSI and OpenGFS

You need to use a "Volume Manager" to make several disks work together as one volume.  Once you do that, OpenGFS should work just fine on that volume.

The (legacy and deprecated) "pool" volume manager, part of the OpenGFS source tree, can do this, but you'd probably be better off, in the long run, using something like EVMS, since we do not plan to maintain pool.

See HOWTO-nopool, HOWTO-evms, HOWTO-iscsi, and make sure you read WHATIS-ogfs, if you haven't already.  If, by chance, you're interested in the gory details of pool, see HOWTO-generic, and ogfs-pool.

I personally have no experience with iSCSI, but I know some other list members have.  Should be do-able.

Hope this helps ...

-- Ben --

Opinions are mine, not Intel's