RE: [ogfs-dev]Thinking about clustering ... fs expansion

Luciano (IBM EVMS guy) got it going a few weeks ago.  He discovered a problem, suggested a couple of solutions ... Brian and he were working together to integrate the solution into a combination of OGFS kernel patch and the big "convenience" patch (inc. EVMS kernel patches, some drivers, etc.) that Brian put together a while back.  Brian has had computer problems, though, which have kept him from completing it.  Would you be willing to help out?? (contact Brian and Luciano via list or offline if so).

> I assume evms can do volume growth.
>
> FYI:
> LVM2 was recently released.  (ie. No longer beta).
>
> I realize LVM2 is not cluster aware, but I assume this means DM is no
> longer beta.

As an alternative to EVMS, could you try LVM2 and report results?  My guess is that LVM2 should work fine **as long as /dev names are consistent across the cluster**.  See HOWTO-nopool for more info.

Try using CVS code, and follow HOWTO-nopool, for either EVMS or LVM2.  As an extra bonus, try external journals!

-- Ben --

Opinions are mine, not Intel's