Re: [ogfs-dev]opengfs and multi-node bonnie++ test problem

Try to run each bonnie process in separate subfolders (i.e. /gfs/node1,
/gfs/node2, etc.), when you do a lot of i/o in one folder, you get a lot of
locking contention on the folder's inode, so it would basically make the
others wait until one node is done, and then the others would be allowed to
go. Let us know if that works for you. Somebody else may have some other
suggestions. I am working on a tuning doc right now that goes over some of
these issues and some common fixes for them.

--Brian Jackson

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 10:49 pm, hufh@Lenovo.com wrote:
> hi,all:
> i run into a problem when i run bonnie++ test on gfs 0.2.1.
> the following is my test enviornment:
<snip nodes>

> on node2,node3 and node4,bonnie++1.30 is run concurrently as follows:
> node2 bonnie++# ./bonnie++ -d /gfs -s 2048 -uroot:root
> node3 bonnie++# ./bonnie++ -d /gfs -s 2048 -uroot:root
> node4 bonnie++# ./bonnie++ -d /gfs -s 2048 -uroot:root
>
> node3 completed all the tests successfully,

I'm assuming you meant node4 here

--
OpenGFS -- http://opengfs.sourceforge.net
Home -- http://www.brianandsara.net