RE: [ogfs-users]Suitability of ogfs for my HA situation

Thanks Franco,

One question I have after reading the list is more of
real world performance.  I've read the info about how it
compares to ext2 and such, but I really want to know how
that translates into a real application.

If I've got a users reading email via IMAP, are we talking
enough of a performance hit that it will take noticeably
longer to pull each message up, or are we on the order of
a 1/2s longer?

Certainly speed is required if you are a huge data store
of file shares, but in an application like SMTP writes,
POP/IMAP reads, etc will this performance hit be so big
that I need to worry?

Also, you mention multiple lock servers v. pools.  I guess
I didn't understand as well as I thought I did.  I thought
pools were what were used to lock files?

Assuming they are not, then I guess I would have to implement
the heartbeat and multiple lock servers, right?

What happens if you only have one lock server and it dies.
I know the FS can't be accessed, just wondering how "graceful"
this death would be.  Are there file system corruption
possibilities?

Thanks

--
David A. Niblett               | email: niblettda@gru.net
Network Administrator          | Phone: (352) 334-3400