RE: [ogfs-dev]mkfs.ogfs on raw block device

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 22:57, Cahill, Ben M wrote:

> [...]

Err probably not, but I don't see much activity on the server, ie I can
still access it not like when I do a local mkfs.

I just tried with 10 journals and the machine hung for getting on for 30
seconds before I killed it. I didn't want to wait any longer as I have
an OGSF filesystem mounted and I didn't want it to time out and get
stomithed. I was tracing the mkfs and the last thing it did was a
close..

> (Please correct any misconceptions I have about NBD!).
>
> Hmm, wondering out loud . . . OGFS locking would not impact (i.e. slow down)
> the remote flush-to-disk, would it?

No locking during mkfs!

On the subject of locking; am I correct in thinking that when a node
gets a lock, it holds on to the lock until someone else tells it to
release it?