Re: Building gcc with gmp source is failing with "Can't find gmp headers" (Centos 6.5)

> Interesting. I will be building later versions as well (and making a
> transition to 4.8.X as soon as I can)... but as a first step I have to
> work with 4.4.0 unfortunately.
>
> I got the requirements from
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html. Perhaps it is not true
> for versions as old as 4.4.0?
>
> Dropping cloog might be the pragmatic solution for now as we can live
> without any of the graphite loop optimisation stuff. I can bring it in
> when I move on to later versions.

Hi, Dave,

The ISL is used after gcc-4.8.

>From the gcc-4.4.0 souce, gcc/doc/install.text,
the prerequisites are:
  gmp 4.1
  mpfr 2.3.2
  ppl 0.10
  cloog-ppl 0.15

Also, if I remember correctly, the in-tree build of ppl and cloog-ppl
didn't work very well.  So if your are forced to build gcc-4.4.0, either
dropping ppl/cloog-ppl or build them by your own with required version.

Best regards,
jasonwucj