-O3 failures with ? vectorization in gcc 4.9

I get good results with -march=core-avx2 -O2 -ftree-vectorize -finline-functions -funswitch-loops -fpredictive-commoning -fgcse-after-reload -ftree-slp-vectorize -ftree-partial-pre -fipa-cp-clone, arrived at by trying the options listed as being enabled at -O3 and removing those which fail at run time. Is this the recommended way to go, or should I file a PR about one or two cases which fail at -O3? When running under gdb with -O3, a segfault is reported in separately compiled code which isn't directly affected by these options. When running outside gdb, the application hangs when it reaches a vectorized loop containing ? operator. It seems that -fvect-cost-model is not the only part of -O3 which produces failure.

--
Tim Prince