Re: Rename symbol at link time

On 7 June 2012 10:59, DamienDaG wrote:

> Ian Lance Taylor-3 wrote:
>>
>> DamienDaG <deusnei-div@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> with
>>> _fct1_wrongname = _fct9 ;
>>
>> This is the version you want, since this:
>>
>>> nm -AB f1.o outputs :
>>> $ nm -AB f1.o
>>> f1.o:00000000 b .bss
>>> f1.o:00000000 d .data
>>> f1.o:00000000 N .stab
>>> f1.o:00000000 N .stabstr
>>> f1.o:00000000 t .text
>>> f1.o:         U ___main
>>> f1.o:         U __alloca
>>> f1.o:         U _fct1_wrongname
>>> f1.o:         U _fct2
>>> f1.o:00000012 T _fct9
>>> f1.o:0000002a T _main
>>> f1.o:         U _printf
>>
>> prints leading underscores.
>>
>> You should tell us that version of the GNU binutils you are using.  You
>> should tell us what type of system you are running on.
>>
>>> I get
>>> ld: BFD 2.13 assertion fail ../../src/bfd/stabs.c:783
>>
>> The error message suggests that you are using GNU binutils 2.13, which
>> is very very old.  So the first thing I would suggest is using a current
>> version.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> Hi
>
> Thank you for your answers.
>
> I'm trying to build on WinXP 32 Pro, with MSys (1.0.10) / MinGW 2.0.
> I'm currently trying to update MSys and MinGW.
>
> @Thomas
> I could write a wrapper to solve my problem (i.e. void fctl_wrongname(void)
> { fct9(); } ), but I also need to rename global variables. I'm afraid a
> wrapper wouldn't help.
I could agree with renaming handful of symbols to patch things up but
if you need to rename a lot more then you should probably focus on
fixing the source of the wrong symbols instead.

--
VZ