- To: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Why are mpfr, mpc and gmp needed for gcc?
- From: René Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:11:34 +0200
- Authentication-results: tophost.ch; auth=pass () smtp.auth=184.108.40.206
- Comment: DKIM? See http://www.dkim.org
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Reply-to: rene.nyffenegger@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:11.0) Gecko/20120327 Thunderbird/11.0.1
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I only
recently tried to compile gcc and it is obviously dependant
on mpfr, mpc and gmp. These seem to be high precision
mathematical libraries. Now, I am wondering why a compiler
not only needs one of these but even three of them.
[Linux C Programming]
[The DWARVES Debugging Tools]