Re: Increase heap sizes using gij

On 11 March 2012 22:35, Pat - We Create wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,

Please reply to the mailing list not just to me, thanks.

> We have tomcat running on Linux. I'm using the command line via ssh to try
> and change the heap sizes used by tomcat.
>
> I'm trying to change the heap sizes using the following command in the
> command line:
> gij ‹ms=512

Even assuming the ‹ character is just MS Outlook autocorrecting -- to
some other character, that command-line won't work.

Read the output:

> This just returns this to the command line:
> Usage: gij [OPTION] ... CLASS [ARGS] ...
> to interpret Java bytecodes, or
> gij -jar [OPTION] ... JARFILE [ARGS] ...
> to execute a jar file

You are not using either of those forms, you need to specify a class
(in the first form) or use -jar and specify a jar file (in the second
form.)

If you use on of those forms to run a program then you can use the
--ms option to set its heap size, but you're not actually running a
program, so there's nothing to set the heap size for.