- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Problem with linking static lib text into specific section
- From: Elad Yosef <elad.yosef@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 07:43:46 +0200
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of elad.yosef@xxxxxxxxx designates 10.68.227.105 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=elad.yosef@xxxxxxxxx; dkim=pass header.i=elad.yosef@xxxxxxxxx
- Cc: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Comment: DKIM? See http://www.dkim.org
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gcc.gnu.org; s=default; x=1331617453; h=Comment: DomainKey-Signature:Received:Received:Received:Received: Received-SPF:Received:MIME-Version:Received:Received:In-Reply-To: References:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From:To:Cc:Content-Type: Mailing-List:Precedence:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:List-Archive: List-Post:List-Help:Sender:Delivered-To; bh=ywJ7Eb+8M+NINbK00zsN unc/jso=; b=goR+e7CN9o2kkilLZbhCAakclMHz5pLxdPdp7n8U+zGVZUhRPwmg h5GiU7eT5+eTe6CopfhOccmklBsRmXgxabumh3VIGxi/v0sj2OkPLrnhSSvwlPSX /WzbQsow73BrITde/mOKV6GhfUgVMpY69ErYoG5Hu48hI0/d1/hvUwA=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I checked that by increasing the ram region size and found that both
libs text and rodata is linked in the wrong place.
It is linked into the ram region and not into my section.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Elad Yosef <elad.yosef@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> I have tried changing the exclude rule as suggested but still the same error.
>> Does my new section rules are O.K?
> Time to use the -M option to generate a map file to confirm that the
> data is going where you want it to.
> If your data is going where you want, and your memory region is
> overflowing, then you need to make your region larger or make your code
[Linux C Programming]
[The DWARVES Debugging Tools]