Windows cache dir

I use GIMP in Windows 7 (http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net) and for a
long time I do not see the fontconfig default behavior of puting the
cache in the %TMP% directory optimal. (not only for GIMP but other
apps too)
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-user/12287-Loading-indexing-fonts-everytime-GIMP-starts.html#msg56823
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3289135&group_id=66938&atid=516295

The current behaviour comes from this commit I think:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/commit/configure.in?id=8a3dc4880c1182ea446cdbc0885e956c6517cf83

I am not a programmer, but I have found that VLC people already fixed
that with a patch:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=extras/contrib/src/Patches/fontconfig.patch;h=79f7355a2f8a869489c1d8d5cbd4deaeb6ae05f7;hb=1330bc95866006707480ec8dfdddb0bd9d44386b

SHGetFolderPath:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762181%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It would be very welcome if the above patch got merged in fontconfig.

Thanks for your time.

Marcos