Configuration problem

I need some help with configuration because I'm unfamiliar with (and somehow
can't get used to) fontconfig's kind of configuration files.

Here is my problem: I'm using a truetype font name A. This font is great, but
unfortunately gets ugly when rendered in bold. There is a font B which is
similiar to A and available in good bold quality. What I like to do now, is:
Use A whenever requested style is 'normal' and B else.

So I need a configuration for:

  if (family == A)
  {
    if (style == normal) return A;