Re: Trouble forcing rescanning of font dirs

Mike FABIAN wrote:
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/M17N/SUSE_Factory/src/fontconfig-2.6.0-10.2.src.rpm

Lots of stuff here, and not enough documentation.  I'm going through the
patches right now (conf files are the other useful set).  Many of the patches
look like are not actually used by the RPM anymore and are from 2.3.94 days.
Certainly obsolete.

AppleRoman-DynaFont.patch:  Any reason why those entries are being removed
from the AppleRoman encoding?

28937-turn-off-embedded-bitmaps-by-default.patch:  Any reason why you're not
doing this in config files instead?

fc-cache.patch:  I don't think this one is needed anymore.  My testing
suggests so at least.  Then again, there is no documentation as to what it's
trying to fix.

fc-match.patch:  Some real crack here.  That patch is *very* wrong.  Can you
dig what problem it's *fixing*?

fontconfig-minmaxabs.patch:  Doesn't seem to be needed.  Unless another patch
you have uses those macros.

fc-app-dir-fix-new-new.diff:  I'm guessing that this is supposed to fix the
issue with recursive directory structures.  I believe this has been fixed
since 2.4.

fc-validatecache-option.diff:  Any idea why you needed this?

behdad