Re: Status about fontconfig CVS regarding cache handling

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Ok, make check is indeed fixed. But I still see the oszillating global
> cache, and the charset field still contains garbage in fc-cat output.

While it may look like garbage, it's not new; go look at the
fonts.cache-1 output from previous versions of fontconfig.  Apparently
that's what charsets look like.

There is a difference between my fonts.cache-1 and what we get now in
the languages; fontconfig now produces fi and vot in the lang field (for
me).

In another mail, you mentioned that the global cache is always recreated
when you touch $HOME/.fonts subdirectories.  If you're not running
fc-cache again after touching $HOME/.fonts, then the global cache must
be recreated, since it's now older than the fonts directories and
therefore is no longer an accurate cache of those fonts directories.

pat